data.world is looking for a Technical Program Manager to join us as we empower our customers with the next generation of data catalog, governance, and knowledge graph innovation. Together we can help companies turn their data into knowledge, improving visibility, trust, collaboration, and value for data and analytics.
At data.world, you’ll partner with product management, engineering, and design, and work cross-functionally across marketing, sales, business operations, and customer experience to shepherd our products and development processes toward maximum agility and impact. This position centers around launch management and GTM coordination, product operations, technical delivery and SDLC, and product feedback and support processes. data.world has an enterprise SaaS product development and hosted delivery model that is deployed several times a week to production (CI/CD).
You’ll be successful in this role if you are an entrepreneur at heart, a constant learner, are driven and detail-oriented, like deep-diving into the numbers, enjoy a combined cocktail of people, product, process, and project, and you consider yourself confident -- yet a very strong listener and collaborator.
A day in the life could involve a major new feature launch coordination meeting, an engineering demo, and a process improvement whiteboard session in the morning, some tacos for lunch (because this is an Austin-based company after all), followed by a bug triage meeting, a customer enablement planning session, updating a bunch of project trackers and metrics, then capped off with some email and Slack catch up before calling it a day. If dynamic days like this sound like a blast, then this role could be right for you!
At data.world, you will:
- Develop go-to-market launch programs and initiatives and execute against them
- Coordinate intake tools and processes in support of providing superior agility to customer demands and needs of the product organization
- Manage cross-organizational projects with complex requirements and dependencies
- Support the product engineering organization across a variety of goals and initiatives
- Consult on product engineering and software development best practices
- Assist with tooling and technology improvements for our product processes
- Track tasks and deliverables and communicate progress and status to stakeholders
- Troubleshoot customer or product challenges to unblock barriers to progress and delivery
- Monitor OKR execution and key product and process metrics
- Enlist support by the broader data.world organization as needed
- Prioritize ruthlessly across a wide range of competing needs
- Navigate and balance several simultaneous initiatives
- Foster an open and collaborative environment
We’d love to see:
- 3+ years of Technical Program Management (TPM) or related experience
- Experience in SaaS, enterprise software, or cloud services
- Proven track record of successfully and effectively managing complex projects by setting clear goals, identifying roadblocks, designing solutions, and tracking progress against deadlines
- Ability to contribute directly to technical design and delivery conversations and decisions
- Ability to analyze data, gain meaningful insights, and be results-driven
- Ability to operate effectively with JIRA and Confluence
- Ability to learn quickly, think independently, navigate a fast paced startup environment, and unwaveringly drive issues to conclusion
- Ability to build relationships and drive alignment with excellent verbal and written communication skills
Perks & Benefits:
- Competitive compensation with generous bonus program
- Fully paid health, vision, and dental insurance premiums for your entire family
- Company-paid life insurance, short and long-term disability insurance, and legal coverage
- Remote-forward, super flexible, casual, and enjoyable environment with open PTO
- Charitable donation matching and community philanthropy opportunities
- Wellness programs catered to individual needs
- Quarterly headquarters events - all employees welcome
- An awesome group of smart and determined coworkers, including a tight-knit team of startup veterans with integrity, passion, and senses of humor
- Your own Sparkletar owl character - have you seen them yet?
If you have the exceptional combination of skills and qualities that we are looking for, then we’re excited to meet you!
Note: We encourage people from underrepresented groups to apply.
We are the world’s largest collaborative data community and we very much believe that our people need to represent the very diverse nature of the community we are serving and customer base we are winning. We believe that diversity leads to the most creative discussions, ideas, and outcomes.