- Software installation and Maintenance: Collaborates on the initial installation and configuration of a new MySQL, PostgreSQL and SQL Server instances and databases, which includes and not limited to upgrades, service packs and security patches installations.
- Database High Availability, Backup and Recovery: Create backup and recovery plans and procedures based on industry best practices and the business policies, then make sure that the necessary steps are followed as well as ensure highest availability for database instances.
- Security: Conversant with potential weaknesses of the database software installed with ability to laisse with the security team to remediate.
- Authentication: Setting up Role based Access Control (RBAC) to the respective databases and instances as applicable.
- Capacity Planning: Use industry standard tools to forecast database resource utilization as required in a bid to scale as required.
- Performance and Database Tuning: Daily monitoring databases for performance issues is part of the on-going system maintenance, where the database should be tweaked to operate as efficiently as possible.
- B.Sc./HND Computer Science or related course(s).
- Minimum 8 years working experience in same or related position.
Competencies and Skills
- Microsoft Certified Database Administrator (MCDBA or similar).
- Database schemas and architectural skills.
- SQL database structures, stored procedures, performance tuning, monitoring, and troubleshooting.
- MySQL, Visual Basic, VB Script, Java, Java Script, XML, C#, or PHP skills will be added advantage.
- Excellent communication skills both written and oral.
- Excellent problem-solving skills.
Last updated on Apr 25, 2023