Senior Director, Technology Services
The Senior Director of Technology Services role at Major League Baseball is responsible for managing all aspects of workforce technology, either directly or indirectly under their control. With a greater emphasis on outsourcing and Software as a Service solutions, the person in this role manages a broader team of both internal and partner resources.
The scope of this role extends to also cover MLB technologies deployed at Clubs or at MLB’s major events, including supporting Club staff in that context. Further this role will be instrumental in expanding the scope of workforce technologies delivered to the Clubs and other ownership entities as a shared service.
- Provide strategic guidance, oversight and leadership for the Technology Services organization
- Responsible for the day-to-day successful operations of end-user related software and hardware
- Prepares yearly budgets and establish working relationships with Finance department to meet departmental needs and keep technology accounts current
- Establishes upgrade guidelines and ensures best practices are followed with the procurement, management and setup of hardware and software
- Reviews and implement business continuity protocols to minimize disruption to business operations in the event of emergency situations or data loss
- Analyzes systems performance to review operating costs, efficiency levels, upgrade requirements, and other metrics and needs
- Implements Monitoring and Alerting solutions for all Technology Services related applications
- Establishes policies and procedures to support new technology initiatives across the organization
- Identifies and recommends new technology solutions and keeps up to date on current technologies and trends
- Provide expertise as a technical resource to Major League clubs to help solve complex business issues and help deliver on their new initiatives
- Establishes technology vendor relationships and meet with them regularly to assess business opportunities
- Collaborate with team members to plan short- and long-term projects and participate in implementing strategic initiatives
- Established working relationships with other departments to proactively meet their needs and deliver high quality support and services
- Experience reviewing and interpreting production service agreements, statements of work, and commercial contracts.
- Lead "Tech Manager", running point on all technical planning with collaboration of Technology Infrastructure team and execution for MLB remote games and events.
- 8+ years hands-on experience within a corporate technology operations environment
- 5+ years experience leading technology teams and projects
- Bachelor’s degree, relevant certifications and continuing education preferred
- Advanced knowledge of Databases, Networking, Systems, Windows, Windows Clustering, Active Directory, Group Policy, VMWare ESXi, and Cloud (GCP/Azure)
- Advanced Expertise and demonstrated ability in the following areas:
- Automation, scripting, and PowerShell based solutions
- Google Workspace Enterprise
- Software as a Service Platforms; Slack, Adobe CC, Atlassian JIRA/Confluence
- Active Directory, Group Policy Management and inTune
- Unified Endpoint Management
- Unified Communications Platforms
- Microsoft O365 Administration: InTune, Exchange, Teams, AzureAD
- Advance knowledge of SSO solutions deployment and support
- Corporate File Sharing Solutions; Box, OneDrive, and Google
- Working knowledge with software & project management tools
- Outstanding organization, project management skills and attention to detail with proven decision making and problem solving skills
- Strong communicator (both written and verbally) who can simplify complex subjects and deliver important messages internally and externally. Proven track record working with large scale vendors and technology partners
- High level of dedication to deliver quality results and interpersonal ethics, integrity, and compliance
- Ability to travel and work non-traditional hours, nights, weekend and holidays
This role has an annual starting salary of $175,000 to $225,000 and may be higher depending on experience.
As a candidate for this position, your salary and related elements of compensation will be contingent upon your work experience, education, skills and any other factors Major League Baseball (MLB) considers relevant to the hiring decision. In addition to your salary, MLB believes in providing a competitive compensation and benefits package for its employees. MLB offers employees a full range of best in class benefits with no employee contributions towards medical, dental, and vision coverage premiums, as well as incentive and recognition programs, life insurance and automatic employer 401k contributions. All benefits are subject to eligibility requirements and the terms of official plan documents which may be modified or amended from time to time.
Last updated on Oct 27, 2023