HB Studios is a driving force in the creation of sports games and the studio behind PGA TOUR 2K Golf – presently working on PC and Consoles. We have an opportunity for a Software Engineer who is passionate about the art and process involved in game development to join our team.
As a Software Engineer, you will collaborate across all teams to create and build systems behind one of the fastest growing sports game series in the industry!
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Optimize and maintain existing rendering technologies.
- Drive visual improvements to VFX, lighting, and post-processing graphics features.
- Participate in system-wide upgrade initiatives to keep our rendering technologies current.
- Develop and implement code that meets the required organization needs, standards, and priorities.
- Own small to medium sized features and work alongside other specialists on large features and bugs.
- Set objectives for assigned areas and communicate progress of work and roadblocks that could impact agreed upon schedules.
- Identify and resolve technical problems and risks while presenting solutions as needed.
- Build relationships and collaborate with software engineers and across the development team.
- Participate in testing activities and handle moderately complex bugs in familiar game areas.
- Continue to learn and hone skills while staying up to date with technical advancements.
- Provide guidance to less experienced team members.
- Write documentation for other programmers to use.
Skills, Knowledge and Experience
- Typically a minimum of 2 to 4+ years of industry experience.
- Minimum 1 year of experience focused in graphics, designing and writing real-time graphics code.
- Bachelor Degree or Diploma in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- Knowledge of physically-based rendering, real-time global illumination, post-effects, or modeling natural phenomena.
- Proficiency with a game engine (Unity/Unreal) and C++/C# programming.
- Proficiency in HLSL or other shading language.
- Solid understanding of optimization trade-offs.
- Fundamental math skills (matrices, vectors, algebra, etc.).
Please note that 2K Games and its studios never uses instant messaging apps or personal email accounts to contact prospective employees or conduct interviews and when emailing, only use 2K.com and hb-studios.com accounts.
Last updated on Oct 26, 2023