Do you want to work for a company that provides WOW Service, values relationships, and displays Integrity by doing the right thing for our organization and ourselves? Burris Logistics is the place for you. We are looking for a dynamic leader who can enhance productivity, empower others and encourage growth for your team. Someone who delivers positive motivation and has a willingness to develop others. Burris Logistics has provided Superior Customer Service to our partners while showing respect and reinvestment to the Community through responsible stewardship and servant leadership. Burris Logistics Culture is top notch and we want you to join our growing family.
The Operations Manager will oversee all activities within the distribution center including the safety of our team members and performance of the warehouse while delivering outstanding customer service.
- Ensure supervisors are evaluating and monitoring new hires to determine satisfactory completion of training period as well as monitoring existing team member performance and SOP compliance expectations are met to minimize damage and follow proper trailer loading and unloading procedures
- Provide oversight for budget development and operating within the budget while identifying opportunities for cost control
- Create an environment of accountability and engagement for individual and team performance through analyzing and communicating metrics and identifying opportunities for improvement and solutions
- Audit and analyze all warehouse data, reports and paperwork pertaining to staffing, receiving, shipping, inventory, production, attendance, temperature readings and to ensure delivery schedules are met
- Ensuring tasks are completed neatly, completely, accurately, and timely
- Promote a safe workplace where individuals feel required to have a sense of duty for their safety and the safety of fellow team members; to include safe operation of equipment, reporting maintenance needs or unsafe conditions, following GMP (Good Manufacturing Practices) and SQF (Safe Quality Foods) standards and maintaining a neat and clean work environment free of hazards
- Analyze systems, KPI (Key Performance Indicators) and safety to ensure accuracy, efficiency, compliance, proper material handling, profitability with minimal damage and bring matters of concern to the General manager
- Strategically analyze shifts to ensure schedules and deadlines are met
- Implement industry “best practices” for receiving procedures and practices in coordination with other Operations areas
- Recommend and support recognition programs, announcements and rewards for outstanding performance; Provide timely recognition and communication of team members achievements
- Champion strategic initiatives, implement best practices and monitor the fair and equitable application of policies, procedures, and practices
- Developing a deep understanding of the organization’s business, industry, products and processes, short and long-term objectives
- Actively engage and motivate team members through daily visibility in the warehouse, frequently attending shift meetings and working as a warehouse team member several times a month to maintain operational skill sets
- Understand Emergency Procedures, ensure they are accessible and participate in update reviews
- Help control the OSHA Incident Rate (OIR) and Lost Time Incident Rate (LTIR) by monitoring sanitation, safe working conditions, ensuring safety policies are followed, holding pre-shift meetings and proper usage of material handling equipment
- Monitor/audit daily for GMP, COOL procedures (Country of Origin Labeling), HACCP, (Hazard Analysis Critical Control Point) and other food safety guidelines
- Regularly audit Emergency Contact list for both team members and building vendors conditions
- Transportation Operations, if applicable based on location:
- Analyze all transportation functions and programs to ensure accuracy, efficiency, DOT compliance, and profitability.
- Identify opportunities and implement solutions for all transportation functions and programs.
- Strategically analyze routing and scheduling to ensure optimum efficiency for on-time performance.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education & Experience:
- High School diploma or GED or equivalent. College coursework, continuing technical education or comparable business experience preferred
- Bachelor's degree with Business Administration, Finance, Logistics, or similar field preferred
- Supervisory experience in a manufacturing/operations/ warehouse environment required
- Certifications in Lean, Six Sigma and/or ISO 9001 preferred
- Experience with warehouse management software (WMS) preferred
- Knowledge of Transportation Management System (TMS) preferred
- Knowledge and understanding of Department of Transportation (DOT) Hours of Service preferred
- Must be able to work in a noisy warehouse environment
- Ability to inspire, motivate, train, and supervise
- Ability to develop, understand, and manage a budget
- Must be able to adjust to fluctuating temperatures and withstand freezing temperatures as low as -20 degrees Fahrenheit
Join the Burris Team!
We offer benefits to meet a wide range of needs. From medical, dental, and vision plans, to 401k with a company match and flexible spending accounts, and legal aid, we’ve got you and your family covered.
Since 1925 Burris has been growing its business and its family of team members. From driver to warehouse, dispatcher to administration, the Burris team is known for integrity, reliability, and a dedication to customers. Join our team and experience a reputation to be proud of.
Burris Logistics is an Equal Opportunity Employer.