We are looking for a Global Merchant Operations Manager to join Bolt Food’s Central Operations team on our journey to discover and drive performance improvements all over our markets throughout Europe and Africa and work both with local and HQ teams to achieve our delivery goals.
The Central Operations team consists of individuals from all over the world who are closely working together on building the foundations for us to scale our operation globally across the following functions: Merchant Operations, Courier Operations, Marketplace, Ops Excellence and Analytics.
<title>About the role</title>
You will be helping us build Bolt Food’s Merchant Operations function but also supporting and strongly collaborating with other areas in a very dynamic environment.
We expect you to be a genuine and proactive team player as you will need to embrace ambiguity at a global scale and approach business challenges in a data-driven and structured manner. It is key to have great attention to detail and the ability to manage multiple projects and stakeholders at once, with strong prioritization skills.
<title>Your daily adventures will include:</title>
- <point>Stakeholders management. You will closely work with the HQ teams (Sales, Commercial, Operations, Product, Marketing) and local Merchant Operations teams to resolve most challenging issues in operations;</point>
- <point>Scale and improve workflows. You will review current merchant operational processes and SOPs, and will define new workflows that are more scalable and that will improve efficiency of teams 10x. Also you will centralize, automate & standardize what adds least value, giving local merchant operations teams time to focus on most value-added operations;</point>
- <point>App Curation & Photography. Research and deploy best-in-class solutions and insights to scale the quality of our in-app content and photography to ensure we drive higher user conversion to checkout;</point>
- <point>Own merchant key operational metrics. In-app dish level photo coverage, picture quality level, conversion from menu to checkout, time to onboard, team efficiency - these and other metrics define success of our marketplace business. You will be responsible for finding the best solutions to improve overall performance and deploy them globally!</point>
- <point>Teams’ performance management. Own key performance management metrics (efficiency, productivity, timing) for all Merchant Operations teams worldwide to ensure scalable operations.</point>
- <point>BS/MS degree in Business Administration, Logistics, Operations or related field.</point>
- <point>6+ years of previous relevant experience in Operations, Marketplaces, High-Growth Startups, or related fields</point>
- <point>Strong analytical skills & can apply data to make business decisions</point>
- <point>Strong organizational and project management skills, including the ability to prioritize and lead multiple projects and processes simultaneously.</point>
- <point>You can multitask effectively and execute with speed and quality, even in situations that require quick pivots and fast turnarounds.</point>
- <point>Excellent communication & written skills in English</point>
- <point>Must be willing to travel across different markets throughout Europe & Africa and relocate to Estonia.</point>
Experience is great, but what we really look for is drive, intelligence, and integrity. So even if you don’t tick every box, please consider applying if you feel you’re the kind of person described above!
<title>Why you’ll love it here:</title>
- <point>Play a direct role in shaping the future of mobility.</point>
- <point>Impact millions of customers and partners in 500+ cities across 45 countries.</point>
- <point>Work in fast-moving autonomous teams with some of the smartest people in the world.</point>
- <point>Accelerate your professional growth with unique career opportunities.</point>
- <point>Get a rewarding salary and stock option package that lets you focus on doing your best work.</point>
- <point>Enjoy the flexibility of working in a hybrid mode.</point>
- <point>Take care of your physical and mental health with our wellness perks.</point>
<text>*Some perks may differ depending on your location.</text>
Last updated on Oct 26, 2023