*Position is contract (1099) Clinics are open on Mondays through Friday. Locations include: Flossmoor, Roseland, and Near North.
CERTIFIED REGISTERED NURSE ANESTHETIST
The Certified Registered Nurse Anesthetist (CRNA) is part of the clinical team that provides procedural abortion, male sterilization, and other minor gynecologic procedures in accordance with Planned Parenthood of Illinois’ policies, protocols, and procedures in the PPIL Medical Standards and Guidelines.
A CRNA allows Planned Parenthood of Illinois to provide sedation for patients undergoing procedures. The ability to provide sedation is an important part of providing compassionate care, especially in Illinois where patients may have travelled long distances to obtain services.
The job position as a 1099 contract employee allows for flexibility with scheduling. Clinics have nontraditional surgery hours, which can allow for work/life balance.
1. Understand, commit to, and practice a market and customer-oriented approach to health care delivery
2. Provide comprehensive pre-anesthetic assessment to all relevant patients consistent with the planned procedure
3. Participate in the counting and logging of all controlled substances consistent with PPIL’s Drug Control Policy
4. Prepare drugs for administration at the beginning of each clinic session. Ensure that all syringes are properly labeled and that all vials are properly stored throughout the day. Ensure that each procedure room is stocked with all of the necessary sedation-related supplies at the beginning of each day
5. Place or supervise the placement of intravenous catheters for patients who wish to be sedated
6. Provide Monitored Anesthesia Care (MAC) in accordance with PPIL’s Medical Standards and Guidelines
7. Take personal responsibility to remain informed, current, and willing to follow medical policies of the Board of Directors as stated in the PPIL Medical Standards and Guidelines concerning sedation as well as all other relevant PPIL protocols, policies, and procedures.
8. Work together with the surgeon of the day to provide post-anesthesia care
9. Respond to needs of the clinical team as requested by the Health Center Manager including, but not limited to:
- maintaining medical records
- maintaining an efficient and clean medical facility
10. Participate in staff training as needed, and provide regular feedback to the Health Center Manager
11. Other duties as assigned
12. Through these activities demonstrate an understanding of and commitment to PPIL core values of access, activism, care, confidentiality, diversity, excellence, integrity, respect, self-determination, and stewardship; practice these values in relations with internal and external customers.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, talk, and hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands and fingers to handle, or feel and reach. The employee is occasionally required to sit. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
Supervisor: Chief Medical Officer
Status: Exempt from the overtime provisions of the wage and salary regulations.
A registered nurse holding current license in the State of Illinois, who has successfully completed additional didactic training in order to qualify as a certified registered nurse anesthetist and holds current license in the State of Illinois as an advanced practice nurse. Must have active BLS and ACLS certification at all times throughout employment.
Previous work experience in the provision of sedation in an outpatient clinical setting preferred.
Professional and Personal Qualities:
Commitment to the efficient and customer-oriented provision of services, as well as commitment to the operating goals of Planned Parenthood of Illinois. Willingness to participate in a team approach to health care delivery. Willingness to travel within the area if necessary. Willingness to work Saturdays.
Planned Parenthood of Illinois works affirmatively to include diversity among its workforce and does not discriminate in the selection of its staff on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, disability, income, marital status, or any other dimension of diversity. We encourage diverse candidates to apply for this position.