Articulate is the leading SaaS provider of online training solutions for the new world of work. Our industry-leading software and services make it simple for enterprises and SMBs to develop, deliver, and analyze online training that’s engaging and effective.
As a Lead Brand Designer, you will play a pivotal role in enhancing and maintaining our brand's visual identity while collaborating closely with cross-functional teams to solve a variety of design challenges. You’ll also be a driving force of marketing campaign work, event design, sales enablement creative, and other strategic creative assets. While this role does not include direct reports, you will serve as a mentor and guide for other designers on the team, sharing your expertise and providing invaluable feedback to elevate the team's execution and enhance our visual storytelling capabilities.
Our ideal candidate will be a thoughtful proponent of design thinking, strategically oriented, familiar with modern design tools, deeply experienced in Figma and Adobe Creative Suite, and will possess a keen design eye to ensure quality and consistency for our visual storytelling and brand. You lead by example, get excited about sharing new ways of working and building new processes with a team, and value collaboration with other designers, marketers, engineers, and executive leaders. You’re passionate about building a unified product + brand experience for customers as well as fostering a creative culture of collaboration, positivity, and growth.
What you'll do:
Brand Evolution & Stewardship:
- Drive the development and evolution of our brand identity, ensuring consistency and alignment across all touchpoints, including marketing materials, websites, customer funnel experience, etc.
- Use your expertise in visual storytelling to create narratives that resonate with our audience.
Digital Design Excellence:
Champion Best Practices:
- Create stunning digital designs that captivate and engage our target audience, leveraging your expertise in UI design and digital aesthetics to tell compelling narratives through visuals.
- Demonstrate a keen eye for typography and layout, crafting visually appealing designs that communicate our brand's values and messaging effectively, contributing to the storytelling process.
- Be an advocate for design excellence and best practices within the company.
- Strive for accessible design solutions that meet and exceed brand quality standards.
- Mentor and collaborate with other designers to elevate their skills and encourage adherence to design system guidelines.
Drive Awareness & Innovation:
- Keep abreast of industry trends, emerging technologies, and advancements in design tools, incorporating relevant improvements into our work to stay at the forefront of design innovation.
- Identify opportunities for innovation and create alignment among teams, find moments of delight in which we can create/systematize better user engagement.
Team Development & Mentorship:
- Work closely with marketing partners to conceptualize and execute inspiring brand campaigns that drive brand awareness and resonance, exercising strategic thinking to convey our unique story and value proposition through visuals and storytelling.
- Collaborate effectively with marketing, product, and development teams to ensure that the brand's visual identity is consistent and impactful across all customer touchpoints and contributes to ovrall brand + product experience.
- Serve as a mentor and guide to other designers on the team, offering constructive feedback and sharing your knowledge to help them excel in their roles and contribute to our brand experience.
- Provide guidance to evolve the overall brand design system and visual language as scale.
- Proactively help shape our processes and approach to good design while fostering a culture of collaboration, feedback, and openness while partnering with various teams to bring great work to life.
What you should have:
- Bachelor's degree in Graphic Design, Interaction Design, or related field (or equivalent practical experience)
- 10+ years of professional design experience, with a strong portfolio showcasing expertise in digital design, typography, layout, and UI, with a focus on visual storytelling
- Proven experience creating successful brand campaign or agency work with compelling visual storytelling.
- Deep proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite and Figma with a strong understanding of its advanced features and collaboration capabilities
- Exceptional visual & UI design skills with a portfolio demonstrating top tier brand identity and guidelines work
- Understanding of user-centered design principles and user experience best practices is a plus
- Excellent communication & collaboration skills, with the ability to articulate design decisions to stakeholders
- Strategically minded individual who motivates teams and seeks new opportunities to make an impact
- Ability to provide thoughtful feedback & mentorship to team members, particularly in with visual storytelling
- Passionate about end-to-end customer experience holistic of brand and product
- A compassionate doer who seeks to improve our processes and regularly works to identify areas to maximize team efficiency
- Great team player with the ability to collaborate closely with copywriters, product designers, and engineers
- Highly self-motivated, able to work independently to meet project deadlines across multiple projects at once
- You are resilient, reliable, and optimistic
Nice to Haves:
- Experience working in a SaaS or technology-driven company
- Knowledge of front-end development and designing with accessibility in mind
The total pay range, inclusive of base salary, commissions and bonus, for this position is $119,000 to $178,400 for all US locations. Articulate takes into consideration a wide range of factors that are utilized in making compensation decisions including, but not limited to, skill sets, experience and training, licensure and certifications, qualifications and education, and other business and organizational needs. Articulate also offers a robust suite of benefits, check out the website for a full list.
Articulate Global, LLC, is the leading SaaS provider of creator platforms for online workplace training. Founded by Adam Schwartz in 2002, Articulate provides creator tools and services that make it simple for enterprises and SMBs to develop, deliver, and analyze online workplace training that’s engaging and effective.
Increasingly, organizations must reskill employees for ever-changing remote and hybrid work environments, create learning cultures that attract and retain employees in a tight labor market, and use training to build more equitable, empowering, and engaging workplaces. Articulate helps organizations address these critical business needs with its creator platform for workplace training. Articulate 360—a suite of creator tools for online courses—was named the 7th most-loved product in the world by TrustRadius in 2021. And Rise
—an all-in-one online training system that makes online training easy to create, enjoyable to take, and simple to manage—is the first creator platform for SMBs and departments within the enterprise. Articulate has more than 118,000 customers in 170 countries and counts all 100 of the Fortune 100 companies as customers.
Named one of Inc. Magazine’s Best Workplaces 2022 and a leader in building a human-centered organization
, Articulate is guided by a commitment to provide the best value to customers, do right by employees, and create an equitable, empowering workplace for all. As a human-centered organization, we honor people’s humanity knowing that each person’s unique history, vulnerabilities, and social location inform how we show up with one another. We embrace our connectedness, aware that what we do and say impacts others. We give each other grace because we are all works in progress, learning and evolving every day. And we take responsibility for ourselves and are serious about our accountability to each other. In all we do, we strive to create an equitable, sustainable, and empowering workplace while we drive results for the business and make a positive impact in the world. Read more about our values here
Articulate welcomes different voices and viewpoints and does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, physical and/or mental disability, medical condition, native language, pregnancy status, physical size, genetic information, marital status, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, age, sexual orientation, and military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by law. We are an equal opportunity employer and invite applicants to voluntarily disclose their race and gender on our application form to help us create a diverse company. This voluntarily disclosed information will not be shared with any hiring manager and will be kept in confidence by the Articulate human resources department and executives who are not hiring for this position.